Part of the parsley, carrot and celery family, parsnips are truly a superfood and are available throughout the winter season.
Parsnips are high in:
• Fiber - keeps you regular and gives you a healthy cholesterol profile.
• Folate - a key B vitamin involved in nervous system health and babies brain development while in the womb.
• Potassium - lowers blood pressure and facilitates muscle contraction.
• Vitamin C - boosts your immune system,
• Manganese - involved in blood sugar control.
I don't think I need to convince you that it's a superfood, but rather teach you how to make your parsnips delicious. Here’s a simple recipe that I've come to enjoy often.