My brother-in-law puts a lot of love in his cooking. He’s and amazing Chef and he came up with this Roasted Asparagus Salad which we had for Easter dinner and it was absolutely delicious. Here’s the recipe for you to enjoy!
- 1lb Asparagus
- Extra Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 cups Spinach
- 2 oz Goat Cheese
- 2 Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- Handful Pine Nuts
- 2 Scallions
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove (grated, pressed or diced)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard (the real stuff)
- 4 Table Spoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
2. While the asparagus is cooling, cut your roasted red peppers into thin slices and chop your scallions then make the dressing by whisking lemon juice, dijon mustard and garlic in a small bowl. Slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream while whisking (this will allow the dressing to emulsify). Season with salt and pepper.
3. Once asparagus has cooled, cut into bite sized pieces
4. Place the spinach in a serving bowl and add cut asparagus, roasted peppers, scallions, goat cheese and top with pine nuts.
5. Toss with salad dressing before serving or drizzle dressing on top.