Hi, I’m Tamer!
I’m a passionate nutritionist and cooking enthusiast who strongly believes that food has the power to heal - not just you, but the planet and our communities, too.
I’ve met so many people that have become confused, overwhelmed and dissatisfied with the way that they’re eating. Let’s be honest - the contradictory rhetoric of the nutrition industry (yes, my industry) is partially to blame. That’s why it’s important that you take a few minutes to get to know me and understand how my approach is different then what you’ve come across before. My philosophy is simple, yet effective, and centres around teaching you that healthy food and tasty food are not mutually exclusive.
I invite you to read through these ten facts about me, and then head over to the Get Started page to learn more.
ten facts about me - tamer soliman
- When I say I’m a nutritionist, I mean it. I studied health sciences and holistic nutrition, and I’m registered with a professional body. Why is this important? Because it means that you can trust that what I teach you is valid, reliable and credible.
- With over ten years in the industry, I’m experienced at what I do. I pride myself on developing great relationships with my clients, which in turn has gotten them great results. Their testimonials speak for themselves - read them by clicking here.
- I love to cook - always have and always will. My background is a mix of Egyptian (where I was born), Italian, French and Greek. So you can imagine the herbs, spices and flavours that I was exposed to while growing up. This is a big reason why I believe in cookbooks and not diet books. In fact, certain chefs - like Dan Barber, Anthony Bourdain and Alice Waters - have had a huge influence on my philosophy as a nutritionist.
- The happiest day of my life was when I married my wife Sarah, another healthy foodie. We eloped in NYC. She’s my Editor-in-Chief and, if you’re lucky, you’ll see her pop up in my content from time to time.
- My wife’s adventurous spirit led us on many trips around the world. Through experiences like market tours and cooking classes, and by sampling all kinds of traditional foods and native dishes, I’ve seen first hand how food and culture intersect.
- My appreciation for local and seasonal eating was developed during my time as a volunteer on an organic farm. Words can’t describe everything that I learned, but one thing that stood out was this: The nutritional value of our foods is highly dependent on the health of our soil - and the health of our soil is dependent on sustainable farming practices. This is why I teach my clients to source food that’s been grown in a way that’s both good for them and good for the planet.
- Since I have zero background in film studies, you could say that I became a filmmaker by accident. But I’m very thankful that I did because the two wellness documentaries that I created with my talented team have allowed me to reach a large audience and shine a light on important health topics. You can learn about my latest film by clicking here.
- Running, lifting weights and playing tennis are my preferred ways of staying active. I enjoy watching tennis - and will always passionately defend Roger Federer as the GOAT. 🙂
- Every Sunday you can find me at my local farmers market, searching for the freshest ingredients to create tasty meals that I often post on Instagram and Facebook - so follow me there if you haven’t already.
- Currently, I live in the beautiful city of Ottawa, Ontario. I’m grateful that everyday I get to eat delicious and nutritious foods - and I’m aware that not everyone has the same reality. That’s why my business donates to causes that are working towards a sustainable and equitable food system. You can read more about the initiatives by clicking here.
So are you ready to say good-bye to confusion and overwhelm, and instead learn how to tap into the healing power of local and sustainable food? If so, get started by grabbing a seat at the Healthy Foodie Table by clicking here.
Until next time,