Here are 5 of the most clever health-related one liners that will make you think and, hopefully, take action. I’ve provided my little take on each an every one.
1. “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise” ~Benjamin Franklin
- You need 6-8 hours of sleep. You’ll be more alert during the day, you’ll be more pleasant to those around you and you’ll be able to control your cravings – pretty darn good for simply getting enough sleep.
2. “He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.” ~Chinese Proverb
- I love this one because it refers to an integrative health philosophy. Your Dr’s are there to help you, of course. But they can help you even more when you’re being real conscious and thoughtful about the foods you put in your mouth.
3. “As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists.”
~Joan Dye Gussow
- Oooh this one may cause controversy but more and more Dr’s, nutritional scientists and investigative journalists are proving that grass fed butter is hands-down way better for your health than margarine and vegetable oils. I talk a lot about this here, and this site here has great list of healthy brands you’ll find in your local grocery store.
4. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.” ~Mark Twain
- Ha ha, lol! I disagree with Mark Twain here of course! Because as you know tasty food and healthy food are not mutually exclusive so don’t believe this very, although clever, nonsense.
5. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” ~Jim Rohn
- How true is that?! The body is a temple, in fact its the only temple you’ll ever reside in so eat right, sleep well and follow the above one liners – except for Mark Twain’s – and enjoy your good health.