Even as someone who loves to cook from scratch, exercise daily and browse the farmers market for hours and hours, I can admit that life can get hectic and there are times when even I have to make some adjustments to my healthy-foodie routines.
But does that mean that I skip my workout, grab some fast food and don’t get back to my routine until “Monday”? No way!
A lot of “stuff” being promoted out there is overwhelming, so don’t let it stop you from starting where you are. Instead, pick the lowest hanging fruit and develop a few good habits – ideally starting with one habit at a time.
So if you’re feeling to overwhelmed by the thought of making healthy changes to your lifestyle, here’s 5 simple suggestions that can really make a difference:
- If you’re really time-crunched, a healthy delivery food service a few times a week may be your answer.
- Get a gym membership and try out a trainer for short, targeted workouts. He/she may change your life.
- No time for the farmers market? Get a box of fresh produce delivered instead. Just google your city’s name and “CSA boxes” (click here for a link to Ottawa area CSA deliveries).
- Buy a cookbook with simple recipes and learn to make ONE dish a week, just one.
- I’m here for you too – getting a nutritional consultant can help you set smart, measurable and ATTAINABLE goals.
Your effort and willingness to change for the better is needed. You can’t “kind of want” to be healthy, and “I’m too busy” can no longer be your excuse. We’re all busy and some people are as busy you, read how they’ve figured it out here.
We find find time for things we value. Find the time to value your health!